White Bird Book One: Among the Nez Perce


The following is a completely edited synopsis for the back cover of my upcoming novel. It gives the reader a very well thought out idea of Daniel's tie to destiny's plan at his birth (1950). I also have the prologue on my website and I am proud of it. It foreshadows the tone of the novel well.



White Bird-Book One: Among the Nez Perce
Synopsis

White Bird is a work of Historical Fiction, set to the background of West Central Idaho during the early stages of US Military escalation into the Vietnam Conflict. The birth of Daniel Knight on the storm ravaged slopes of White Bird Pass during the winter of 1950; presage the re-awakening of the “Great Animal Spirits” of ancient Nez Perce lore. 
Born to a native heritage from a woman of the people, who died in childbirth, and an Anglo-American bloodline from a father, who abandoned him at birth, Daniel comes of age in 1963 unaware of his ties to destiny.
In an event-filled one-year span of time, he must forge lasting bonds of friendship, face unforeseen enemies, and learn the true meaning of “Courage, Honor, and Loyalty to Love.” Tied to destiny’s path, Daniel will grow from self-imposed solitude into maturity as a leader of men and a warrior in the greatest traditions of his ancient heritage. 



There is much more about my second favorite character that I want to tell. Her name is Ninnie and she is very obviously Daniel's girl. It is also the opportunity to show a piece of the romantic in me. I did not see myself as a romantic until I wrote this novel. But that will have wait for another blog.  

https://blainewrightidaho.com/

Post a Comment

0 Comments